Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another too-young angel

My niece Leah lost her battle with cancer yesterday. She was 32. Thank you to all of you who prayed for her. I was meditating/praying for her about the time she died at a hospital in Michigan shortly after 5 p.m. For some reason, she had been on my mind all day, even before I got a text from her sister Gayle saying she had taken a turn for the worse and probably had hours to live. Isn’t it strange how sometimes we can sense things, even across miles and years? I was doing a metta meditation for her, where you picture someone and silently makes wishes on their behalf. May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be free from fear. May you be at ease. And I swear I saw her drifting upward, her shoulder-length hair blowing in the swirling breeze as she ascended with tiny stars glinting around her head. She did not look frightened. Perhaps I imagined it. I will never know. But she is gone from this life and I hope wherever she is, she is out of pain. Happy. Healthy. Free from fear. At ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment