Friday, June 1, 2012

I passed my test!


     I guess this kind of thing happens when you approach 65 – or maybe at any age.
     Occasional palpitations, enough to wake you from your sleep. A feeling that something ain’t right. A Holter monitor result that shows “ST depressions” – meaning that those tidy little spikes you see on a normal EKG sometimes dip below the line, where they shouldn’t.
     It was enough that my physician assistant sent me in for an echo stress test – a treadmill test quickly followed by imagery that shows the condition of your heart.
     It was at 7:30 this morning, after the week from hell at work.
     The cardiologist, who went by the name Sunny, couldn’t have been more reassuring. Everything looked good – plenty of elasticity, no blockages. I felt great hearing the news.
     But not as great as I felt the night before when Rick, knowing my apprehension, said that no matter what happened the next morning, “You have a good heart.”
     I’m so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment