Sunday, October 7, 2012

Country livin'

So I was picking some forgotten garlic in the garden when a truck rolled into the yard. Out stepped a man I vaguely recognized, who said he was the son of my neighbor, Leroy. Then he something that was a first for me. He just wanted Rick and me to know that he and his dad were putting their cows in the back pasture, meaning they’d be right next to our property, and – not that he anticipated any troubles – but if we should find some cows roaming in our driveway to please give him a call. Then he handed me his card with his number on it. I couldn’t help but chuckle. I could just picture calling my boss to say I was going to be late for work because there were cows blocking my car. “Good thing I’m vegetarian,” I almost said, but didn’t. But I’ll tell you, waking up to moo-ing is a heck of a lot nicer than waking to an alarm clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment